Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricanes and Evacuation

So I am starting to understand why people refuse to leave their homes during times of catastrophes such as hurricanes and what not. I have been in away from Houston as hurricane Ike rolled through. Not because I evacuated, but because I was already on vacation. Let me tell you, it is no fun to have no insight into what is going on at my home.


All I can do is sit around and look at news reports trying to figure out what it is I have to go back to. Will my apartment be damaged? Will my things be destroyed? Will insurance cover any of it? I can't tell because my electronic documents don't have the correct information and my paper document is at my home. Or is it? For me I have no idea. All I know is that buildings around my home have suffered severe wind damage. Windows broken, flooding in neighboring areas. I don't really fear the flooding, due to my apartment being on the third floor of its building. Did the windows survive the storm? The ones at the nearby Hilton didn't.

No comments: