Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Lord of the Rings Marathon


So this past weekend we had a Lord of the Rings marathon at my place. The goal was to watch all three extended edition movies in one sitting. There was an added twist that each group coming to the show was supposed to bring a bottle of there favorite wine, so we could do a wine tasting as we watched.
We made a bunch of different food to go along with it. I think we put out a pretty good spread. We made a double tomato bruschetta which I thought tasted fantastic. I made a chipotle and cilantro chili. The chili is a work in progress. I have made two different versions of it now, and I continue to try and figure how much cumin should go into the chili. This was definitely the better version of the two. We had several cheeses, chips, guacamole and also had brownie mix, and the fixings for a spinach and artichoke dip if necessary.

Unfortunately, it was not necessary. Earlier departures and no shows plagued the evening. It was still a good time, but this was a keen example of why I do not like to host events. We put a lot of money into getting this setup. Yeah maybe the concept was a little much...Come and watch 11 hours of movie! but the people who left early or didn't show were big proponents of the event, so why bail?

I don't know; it will probably be a while before I host another event. We had good food, good entertainment, just would have been nice to have good company.

No comments: