Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Ohhhh those Golden Arches

So I gotta admit, I'm a McDonald's junkie. One of my favorite times of the year is when McDonald's does Monopoly. I end up doubling or tripling my McDonald's intake. I was thinking about this recently because I realized almost by accident I have a new travel activity. At least once per trip to a foreign country I have to try and sample their McDonald's. So far I have of course had it here in the US. I pretty much lived on McDonald's while I was in Taiwan, after having an allergic reaction to something I ate there. I had to go with something I new wouldn't mess me up (isn't that the most ironic thing ever written?).

When I was in England we were walking around London seeing the sites and by the time we were going to catch our train up north, we realized we had no time to get normal food, and there was a McDonald's next to the station. So of course I had to partake.

Recently when in the Netherlands I needed breakfast prior to flying back to the States, so I hit up the McDonald's and snagged a London breakfast. I thought it was fun that instead of numbering meals they had given names of European cities based on how the meal related. The London breakfast was two bacon sausage egg Mcmuffins, coffee, and orange juice.

So far the only country I have been too that I have not eaten at McDonald's was when I was in Italy. Possibly Canada as well, but I have no recollection of where I ate while I was there since it was when I was a lot younger.

So I have:

US
Taiwan
England
The Netherlands

Where will it end?

No comments: