Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

So What's Your Real Zombie Plan?

When I say that I am not necessarily referring to the cannibalistic un-dead roaming the streets waiting eat you and possibly turn you into one of them.  I am talking about the "what do you do when the world goes to hell in a hand basket" plan.

The world we live in is not a stable place.  Between threats of terrorism, climate change, crazy totalitarian states (yes, I mean you North Korea),  growing political divisions within out own country, a super virus, or the zombie apocalypse, there is always the chance that things just fall apart.  So are you ready?  Do you have a zombie plan?

I do have a plan, but not necessarily the means of putting it into place at this moment.  So really its pretty useless.  I have a fall back location planned in a rural area in the mountains.  The place is pretty pretty self sufficient.  It provides shelter, should have clean drinking water as it has its own well, even a few rifles for hunting and defensive purposes if need be.  The surrounding area has farms which could be useful as well.  The problem would be getting there.  Particularly since this plan was originally put together when I lived much closer to the planed escape area.  Now it will be a quite a trek, through  what is expected to be hostile terrain or some form or another.  That is the part that I really need to work out.  The getting out of town and supplies for leaving the area.

In the event of real zombies, I'll have to modify my plan to have enough folks with me to sacrifice to the zombies on my way out of town.  Yes, that will just add to there numbers, but it will slow them as they have to stop and eat.

So...who wants to join my evac party?


They bring up some good points.  So what's your zombie plan?

No comments: